Finance & Accounting Leadership Development (FALD) Program
The Finance and Accounting Leadership Development (FALD) program offers a variety of two-year rotations that provide hands-on experience in Accounting, Finance, and Operations. Program participants spend their first and last six months at Navistar world headquarters, with the interim year spent in a position at one of our domestic or international locations.
Successful candidates can expect to enhance their skills in areas such as Operations, Manufacturing, Consolidation, Financial Reporting, Treasury, Product Development, Sales & Distribution, Internal Controls, Corporate Accounting, Strategic Planning, and Purchasing. All participants also interface with Executive mentors and receive frequent and meaningful feedback. The FALD program will grow your leadership skills and prepare you for full-time placement and accelerated career growth.
For consideration, candidates must possess:
- A BS degree in Finance or Accounting (MS in same preferred)
- An overall and major GPA of +3.0
- A willingness to relocate
- Prior work/internship experience
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Operations Management Development Program (OMDP)
To recruit and develop recent college graduates and holders of advanced degrees who exhibit the potential for a high level of achievement in operations management and who, throughout the course of the program, demonstrate the ability to progress to senior management.
Provide a broad overview of Truck operations with emphasis on developing a basic understanding of all three components, Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing
Ensure an understanding of the Operations Group and its relationship to International's business units.
Provide meaningful and challenging assignments that test the Associate's knowledge and skills.
Create opportunities for the Associate to develop relationships with other functional groups, and build a network of resources to draw on in future assignments.
Provide the training needed to increase the Associate's ability to work productively, be an effective part of the International team, and gain the skills needed for advancement.
Program Structure / Overview
The OMDP is designed to identify and develop candidates for the Truck Operations organization as a whole rather than a specific location or position. It is recognized that, while Associates cannot receive identical experiences, all Associates are offered similar work rotations, formal training, and assignment to a sponsor who will oversee their development. Common elements of the program are:
- Work rotations in manufacturing, product development, purchasing, and engineering.
- Associates attend a series of seminars and formal training classes.
- Candidates are selected and evaluated in a planned, consistent manner.
- Associates are assigned a peer sponsor and an executive sponsor.
Rotational Work Assignments
Associates will be assigned to various operation assignments during the course of the two-year program. Assignments will include the following:
- Rotation Profiles at the following locations:
- Manufacturing: Providing a fundamental understanding of the manufacturing operations.
- Product Development and Product Engineering: Providing exposure to the product development basics and cross-functional design change. Work locations:
- Purchasing and Logistics: Providing insight into negotiation strategies and total supply chain management.
What It Takes To Succeed
The key to professional success in Navistar, Inc. operations management is a broad knowledge of the organization, its products, customers and suppliers. Cross-functional operations experience is critical and all candidates must be open to relocation in order to gain the knowledge and skills needed for key jobs in the organization. Work experiences are subsidized by formal training to provide the skills and knowledge needed for success. It is expected that Associates will gain the following skills and experiences through the program:
- Quality systems & procedures
- Product change implementation
- Operations management
- Customer quality perspective
- Program management
- Product planning and management
- Resource management
- Cross-functional design
- Design change approval process
- Truck product structure
- Government regulations
Purchasing & Logistics
- Negotiation skills
- Supply chain design
- Supplier quality
- Functional deliverables and organization structure
- Product knowledge
- Time management
- Performance management
- Communication & presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Leadership skills
- Shareowner value
- Six Sigma tools
- Project management